In sparkling letter to Rathore, Manoj says bowled over by charge that he hid injuries
Indian boxer Manoj Kumar has written to Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, rejecting allegations that he concealed accidents within the run-up to final yr’s Asian Games and reasserting that the machine failed him while he wished it. A two-time Commonwealth Games medallist, Manoj is currently being treated for groin damage in Mumbai. He had alleged that the Sports Authority of India did no longer cooperate in procuring his treatment, a rate that the SAI denied and instead accused him of hiding injuries. His brother and coach Rajesh Rajound made the allegations in a letter to Rathore. Manoj has also now written to the Minister, declaring that the prices made previously stand regardless of the rebuttal issued using SAI. “I am saddened with the aid of allegations that I concealed injuries. In truth, I am greatly surprised for the reason that my struggles have by no means been a mystery for them. I want to tell them that I executed what I did on the premise of benefit. Yes, I lost inside the Asian Games prelims but so did a few others, why am I the best one targetted?” Manoj wrote inside the letter. READ: Shotgun World Cup: Indian girls leave out on skeet Olympic quotas in Mexico Manoj had received a bronze inside the Gold Coast CWG but misplaced inside the preliminaries of the Asian Games a few months later. He turned into then dropped from the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS), an initiative supposed particularly to offer an additional monetary guide to medal prospects within the marquee occasion. “I even have constantly made the team after giving trials and beating my opponents; none can question this. Those who cannot see my achievements are the ones who lied about the economic aid prolonged to me for my remedy (presently),” Manoj wrote. “These officers are bent on proving me incorrect instead of doing their jobs,” he introduced. The SAI has, however, maintained that it assisted Manoj even after his name changed into taking off the TOPS list.
“His other letters (written through Rajound) have been taken notice of, and even reasons have been sought from the officials. The SAI’s particular reaction wherein his allegations have been refuted got here after due deliberation,” an authentic instructed PTI. Manoj, in today’s letter to Rathore, said after being “deserted” by way of the Ministry in addition to SAI, he has found a guide from Boxing Federation of India. “But I don’t have any grudge in opposition to each person. I am not even against any person. I am simply stating flaws in a machine which abandons athletes after they want it the maximum,” he stated.
The Philippines will push through its web hosting of the 30th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games, opposite to a report that it might lose the possibility because of finances constraint and unrest amongst sports officials, a Philippine Olympic Committee (POC) legit stated Thursday. “We can now not give up the website hosting. It’s a humiliation to us,” POC chairman Abraham “Bambol” Tolentino informed ABS-CBN News. This yr is the fourth time the Philippines will host the biennial regional multi-sports activities occasion following the withdrawal of Brunei Darussalam because of financial and logistical worries. Tolentino stated there might be no reason to lower back out of the website hosting as arrangements are “at the right tune, very easily ongoing.” POC govt council member Prospero Pichay, who’s also a member of the House of Representatives, admitted that the postponement of the Senate’s approval of 2019 General Appropriations Act is a “hassle” that won’t meet cut-off dates for the November kick-off of the sporting occasions. “Baka August pa uncooked ma-approve and price range, so it’s a cause of alarm. Imagine mo Kung August ma-approve and budget; three months is just too close,” Pichay stated. “Let’s move our palms.” (The finances might be approved by using August, so it’s a reason for alarm. Imagine if the price range will be accepted in August, three months is too close.)